The Patient Advocacy Service website is maintained by the National Advocacy Service for People with Disabilities, a company limited by guarantee, with charitable status, funded and supported by the Citizens Information Board.
This statement relates only to our privacy practices in connection with this website.
Collection and use of personal information
When you visit patientadvocacyservice.ie, a range of information is automatically collected, including:
- IP address – this is the identifying address for your computer in Internet Protocol (IP) code, for example, 137.191.332.82
- Web browser version
- Pages visited and the time of those visits
- Operating system
- Device or device type
- Search terms used
- The previous website address from which you reached us, including any search terms used
What we use the information for
The information will be used for statistical and reporting purposes and to improve the website.
patientadvocacyservice.ie is hosted on a server maintained by the National Advocacy Service for People with Disabilities.
Cookies are small pieces of information, stored in simple text files, placed on your computer or mobile device by a website. Some cookies can be read by the website on your subsequent visits. The information stored in a cookie may relate to your browsing habits on the webpage, or a unique identification number so that the website can “remember” you on your return visit. Other cookies are deleted when you close your browser and only relate to the working of the website. Generally speaking, cookies do not contain personal information from which you can be identified, unless you have furnished such information to the website.
Further information on cookies can be found at ec.europa.eu/ipg/basics/legal/cookies/index_en.htm
- When you first visit advocacy.ie, you will see a message informing you about cookies. If you click the ‘Hide this message’ button, advocacy.ie will set a cookie which records your preference.
- Cookies are set by this website as part of our gathering of website statistics. To do this we use a software package called ‘Piwik’, which is hosted on a National Advocacy Service server.
Most browsers allow you to turn off cookies or to customise your settings for cookies. For more information please see the links below in relation to cookie settings for the most popular browsers.
You can also manage cookies using the Cookies Settings button below
Further information or to make a request
If you are concerned about how personal data is processed via this website, please do not hesitate to bring such concerns to our attention at:
National Advocacy Service
Level 3 Rear Unit
Telephone: +353 761 07 9000
Fax: +353 1 6059099
Glossary of technical terms used
The piece of software you use to read web pages. Examples are Microsoft Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari and Opera.
The identifying details for your computer (or your internet company’s computer), expressed in internet protocol code (for example 192.168.72.34). Every computer connected to the web has a unique IP address, although the address may not be the same every time a connection is made.