The Patient Advocacy Service is independent, free and confidential. We can support you to make a complaint about the care you have experienced in a Public Acute Hospital or a HSE-operated Nursing Home.

How do I make a complaint?
Who can help me complain?
This guide will help you with making a complaint
Find the answers to the most frequently asked questions
Here’s a list of other websites that may be helpful Resources
Templates for making a complaint

The Patient Advocacy Service is a free, independent and confidential advocacy service for patients of Public Acute Hospitals and HSE-operated Nursing Homes. 

It receives no HSE funding and is entirely independent of the HSE.

The Patient Advocacy Service can provide you with the information and support you need to make a complaint to the HSE over an experience you have had.

Please view our information about the respiratory illness known as the coronavirus (COVID-19)

Find out more